Thursday 3 January 2013

True Art

I was lucky enough recently to discover an artist in Croatia who has merged his love of Philately with his artistic talents to create a Cinderella series from the fantasy city of Albion. A couple of his works of art were purchased for me for Christmas.

Albion 2/-

This first stamp, modelled after the British 1929 £1 PUC, bears the head of a young Queen Victoria, presumably the reigning monarch of Albion.


Albion 1/-

The next stamp bears the head of the Prince-consort, Albert. Seemingly the stamp designers of Albion were happy to include Prince Albert on their stamps! Perhaps they saw merit in this after viewing the Newfoundland stamp of Albert...

 I love these stamps. They will make fine additions to my set. I will be on the lookout for more of the work of this talented artist...

Stay Stamp Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment